Arizona Businesses Start-Up Documentation
I help Arizona businesses by preparing the necessary start-up documentation, and providing advice regarding matters such as choice of business entity formation. The start-up documentation often includes:
- Preparation of the articles of incorporation, or certificate of formation for LLC’s
- Bylaws or operating agreements
- Appointment of officers and directors
- Consent actions to approve various start up activities, such as opening bank accounts and tax elections
- Filing for a federal tax ID number, and election to be treated as a subchapter “S” corporation for tax purposes (if applicable)
- Issuance of shares or equity interests, including issuance of stock certificates (for corporations)
- Transfer of intellectual property to the new business
- Filing of all appropriate documentation with the State of Arizona
- Other matters, depending upon the type of businesses.
Shareholder and Buy-Sell Agreements
During the start-up stage, if there will be more than one owner, it is often desirable for the owners to reach agreement on how certain matters should be handled if they arise, such as if one owner wants to sell shares, becomes disabled, or dies. Other matters may also arise, such as what should happen if there is a significant disagreement between two equal owners on how the business should be run.
By considering these and other issues and reaching an agreement on how such matters should be handled at the outset of a business, conflict, time, and money can be minimized down the road if such matters arise.
Call Me or Stop By My Office
I’m a native Midwesterner, having lived most of my life in Minnesota. I would look forward to meeting you, and learning about how I may be of service to you.