Oro Valley Probate Lawyer
What is Probate?
Probate refers to the administration of an estate after a person has died. The probate process applies to both those who have died with or without a will. It also applies to a person who has died having a trust, but only with respect to the assets not held by the trust.
The Probate Distribution Process
The probate distribution process generally consists of the following:
- Gathering or accounting for all assets owned by the decedent
- Having any final tax returns prepared and filed
- Paying all legitimate debts of the decedent from all assets of the decedent (NOTE – the personal representative only needs to pay debts to the extent that there are sufficient assets to do so – the personal representative does not need to pay debts out of their own pocket)
- Distributing the remaining assets in accordance with the will or intestate distribution laws
- Filing the appropriate documentation with the court
How I Help
If you’ve been named as a personal representative, I understand that you may have many questions about your duties. I will be there throughout the process to answer your questions, and to undertake much of the work that is required. For instance, in matters such as real property transfers, I will prepare and have recorded the required deeds.
Please call me to learn how I can help you through this process.
Call Me or Stop By My Office
I’m a native Midwesterner, having lived most of my life in Minnesota. I would look forward to meeting you, and learning about how I may be of service to you.
By submitting this form, this firm will take no action to protect your interests. Submission of this form does not establish
an attorney-client relationship. Please do not submit any confidential information through this form.